Your network no longer has boundaries. More workers are remote, IT is distributed and access can come from anywhere. Overly permissive tools, like the VPN, aren’t fit for purpose. A Software-Defined Perimeter (SDP) is a modern private access solution, based on Zero Trust principles and built to support hybrid IT and a distributed workforce. It enforces a custom policy for every user on any device regardless of how they access the network.
Zero Trust Starts with Secure Access
Appgate’s feature-rich Software-Defined Perimeter gets private access right.
Securing the network is essential to your Zero Trust strategy. Appgate SDP reduces risk and heightens security controls, especially with the realities of remote access.
- Eliminates Attack Surface: Resources are invisible until authenticated and authorized
- Verifies Identity: Access is conditional and contextual based on user profile and device posture
- Dynamically Adjusts Entitlements: Real time changes based on risk and conditions
- Prevents Lateral Movement: Eliminates visibility to unauthorized resources
- Secures Server-to-Server: Protects connections to un-manned resources
Complexity is the bane of security, causing operational inefficiencies, human error and increased risk. Appgate’s Software-Defined Perimeter simplifies operations, configuration, management and compliance.
- Unify Access: Consistent experience and configuration across hybrid IT
- Simplify Policies: Single framework for all users, devices, networks and infrastructure
- Automate Access: Security-as-code allows policies to dynamically scale
- Reduce Audit Scope: Micro-segmentation and traffic logs simplify compliance
Legacy access solutions frustrate users and make their job more difficult. Appgate SDP improves user experience and productivity, reduces IT support requests and streamlines business continuity and costs.
- Improve Connections: Multi-tunneling connects users to hybrid resources concurrently
- Increase Productivity: Seamless and consistent user-experience with simple onboarding
- Boost Performance: 93% throughput efficiency and less than 1ms latency
- Reduce Tools: One solution and experience for trusted remote and on-premises access
Appgate SDP embraces security-as-code for more agile and rich integrations via bi-directional APIs. Boost operational efficiency with automated deployment and scaling, but without manual security controls or firewall configurations.
- Automate Policies: Leverage data from Identity & Directory Systems and environmental meta-data to dynamically create or extend policies and entitlements
- Automate Access: Integration with existing enterprise workflows, such as ticketing systems
- Enhance Device Checking: Advance device posture as criteria for access through integration with endpoint solutions
- Put Data to Work: Provide visibility into network activity and the ability to use risk data for access criteria by integrating with SIEMs
Ready to Go Deeper?
Featured SDP Resources
2020 Forrester ZTX Wave
Claim Your Copy
Forrester scores Zero Trust vendors based upon a 19-criterion evaluation, of which Appgate was named a Wave Leader. Get a complimentary copy of the report to learn where Appgate scored highest.
451 Research Roundtable
Scott Crawford, VP at 451 Research, a part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, sat down with two heavy hitting Zero Trust and Software-Defined Perimeter advocates for an in-depth discussion on how to simplify secure access in 2021
Join Our Next Live Demo
Every Wednesday at 11am EST you can join a live session with an Appgate SDP engineer. See how the software works, solves for common use cases and get answers to your questions live.
The Definitive Guide to SDP
Get up-to-speed on everything Software Defined Perimeter. From why it’s necessary, how it’s designed, what challenges it helps solve and the overall benefits of improved secure private access with SDP
Featured Customer Stories
Solving Remote Access in 4 Days
A top movie visualization studio found a way to keep production rolling as they transitioned all their employees to a work from home (WFH) scenario.
Switching From VPN for SDP
Verdant’s Zero Trust journey began with replacing their VPN. They selected Appgate Software-Defined Perimeter to provide secure remote access across their hybrid environment.
Eliminating VPN Switching for AWS Access
An Advanced Web Services (AWS) Partner deploys SDP as a highly available secure private access system to protect its many AWS environments.
Talk to a Secure Access Expert
Our team is available to help answer questions about remote access or Zero Trust, demo Appgate SDP solution and discuss pricing. How can we help you deliver secure access with confidence?